olivercooper at March 13th, 2016 03:46 — #1
I have been trying to get a custom domain working for some time and I'm becoming rather frustrated.
I have tried using the DNS from the registrar (123-reg) and then using CloudFlare DNS and neither has worked. I have tried using the plain domain and the www prefix, but nothing I have tried has worked. Naturally, my client is also becoming rather annoyed that their site has been down for so long.
All the support pages and forum topic about this simply say to wait, but after waiting for about 10 days there's clearly something else wrong. Every time I try to use the domain it fails and asks me to check my TXT records which I've done countless times.
These are the settings Webhook is getting me to use:
These are the settings I'm using for my DNS:
Despite trying every combination I can possibly think of I am still getting the "Hey this is the DNS Server for Webhook." message.
sam at March 14th, 2016 05:36 — #2
This is a problem I have had and got absolutely no support on, also for two weeks!
It's a bug in the system due to webhook being built for .com or .org not for two dots in the domain name like .co.uk. Basically you have to treat it as if you are using yoursite.com and ignore what it tells you to do.
olivercooper at March 14th, 2016 21:51 — #3
Thanks Sam, that looks like it might work!
I am now getting the "The domain correctly resolves to this Webhook site." message, although as of yet I cannot see the site on the domain.
I am using these settings (essentially just identical to yours).
I assume that this is just a matter of time... hopefully
sam at March 15th, 2016 05:38 — #4
It takes a day for the txt file verification i think. Make sure in webhook you have not included the www. because then the set up would be wrong. In webhook domains section it should just be "rosiehayes.co.uk"
tracy_tra at March 23rd, 2016 17:49 — #5
Looks like the rosie hayes site is up (and it's a lovely site and design especially for what she does). Good to know it's worked out finally. DNS changes are always a little scary to me, especially when it's an established site. Not as much a worry when it's a new site.
olivercooper at March 23rd, 2016 18:02 — #6
I actually couldn't get the site working with Webhook. I tried everything I could think of, the site worked on different domain names, subdomains on her domain but not www or @. So in the end we decided to give up on Webhook and resort to a static site.
Obviously, rather disappointed, I certainly won't be using Webhook again. The lack of support and bugs make it infeasible.